Friday, November 30, 2007

Never not done nothing

I hope you haven't not been brushing up on your double negatives. This was apparently the message of the delightful, multi-hour federal exam I took today. Look, I'm all for critical reading skills. But, being well-versed in the mind-bending intricacies of double negatives just seems a bit over the top.

That said, the test wasn't all that bad. Some critical reading/logic, some general English skills (grammar, syntax, organization, etc.), and a bizarre 69-question portion with questions like, "How would a supervisor (or teacher) rate your ability to handle stressful situations? a) Superior b) Above Average c) Average d) Below Average e) Deficient? (I can't remember what letter E said -- clearly I didn't choose it too often). The whole time you're just wondering, "Is there a certain way I should be answering these? Is there a right answer? Am I going to be denied a job because I thought it was more prudent to search for information independently rather than in a group?" And so forth...

Regardless, it gave me the opportunity to escape Athens, head in to Atlanta, and enjoy the wonderfully comfortable beds of the Hilton Atlanta Airport. (They made some lofty claims about these beds, and my experience has shown they weren't lying.) It was really quite nice -- dare I say fun -- to get away, appreciate the perks of a nice hotel, etc. Back to the grind now, but the time away turned out less stressful and more personal wellness. Good times, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, it's great to hear that things went well on this test. I hear there's another one coming up too. We're praying for you and those test "graders" too that they'll see that you're a perfect fit for that ideal job that God wants you to start at.

    ReplyDelete