Story time. Today, me and a pair of friends took a lovely little drive about 20 miles outside of Athens to Watson Mill Bridge State Park. Rumor has it that the bridge is one of the oldest in Georgia (roughly 17 seconds of Google searching later, I have found that it was built in 1885), and it is quite a sight.We had a very fine lunch there, mine consisting of a Cliff bar, along with some fish crackers and carrotts/green bell pepper slices (courtesy of my generous lunchmates).
A nice nature walk followed, with the last of fall lingering on the trees around us (though, sadly, most of it has already come to rest on the forest floor). The water was a wee bit cold for wading, but that didn't stop a good deal of boulder hopping - one of my favorite pastimes. All in all, a very good outing - much better than staying indoors, especially after the copious amount of football I was forced to watch yesterday. (for the sake of those attempting to learn names, emily is on the left, taryn in the middle, and the author on the right)
OH, to experience the change of seasons, and to walk across running water through a covered bridge! . . . . Wait! I live in the desert! Dry stream beds, blooming cactus, autumns of warm days and chilly nights . . . Thanks for the vicarious trip to autumnland! It was NICE!!!
ReplyDeleteDude, no new updates? I suppose you're studying? Good plan. I should do that.
ReplyDeleteWhen are you home for Christmas? Let's do something.