Trying to stave off working on a public budgeting homework assignment. Nothing like some budget-crunching to keep you awake on a rainy afternoon. Of course, that's not true at all -- I want little more than to go to sleep at this very instant, but I've wisely positioned myself in a public area so that there's little chance I get to feeling comfortable/audacious enough to do it.
(And now Norah Jones begins playing over the speakers in Panera, as though they misunderstood my last paragraph and thought I was asking for assistance in getting to sleep.)
The people across from my table are talking about the need to raise taxes a bit in the U.S. (due to our country's massive debt, among other things). They're right about the massive debt, that's for sure. I'll willingly admit that I am surprised to be sitting in Athens, Georgia listening to people discuss the need for a tax hike. Georgia. The South. Tax. Hike.
On Thursday, I'll leave for southwest North Carolina and the Great Smoky Mountains. Just a few days in a not-so-roughing-it cabin, complete with jacuzzi. But some quality hiking inside the Park should go on, in addition to the previously mentioned jacuzzi. Pictures to be taken, no doubt. Fall foliage should be coming in quite nicely.
Speaking of pictures, here's a few more from the trip to Washington, GA. Country roads, friends -- they're what the good life is all about.
My traveling companions.
The valley road (U.S. Route 78).
The country.
Small towns, big houses.
The rain sounds just heavenly! Definitely appropriate to think of napping on a rainy afternoon. We're having a cold spell (highs in the 80's)and some nice breezes, but no rain in sight as far as I know. Great walking weather. I need to get out of the office.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the pics from your upcoming trip.
I always need to get out of the office. One time, I spent my lunch hour at Catalyst at the Pointe, sitting next to the pool, reading a book. I'm just saying that there are options, you know?
ReplyDelete