Monday, October 2, 2006

Why study when you can...what rhymes with study?

We are in the midst of midterm week, which is apparently a much bigger phenomena in this neck of the woods than in the old shire. I am content to nurse along my West Coast persona, however, and snort defiantly whenever some misguided classmate mistakes me for someone who has their taste for stress. I just don't care. I've been attending class, doing my schoolwork, and studying, all diligently. So, of what use is it for me to all of a sudden now cast myself into throes of anxiety? No use at all, you should have answered.

I have run out of DVDs to watch. It is a sad, sad thing. Watched the first season of Arrested Development, fell hopelessly in love with it, and now cannot secure season two from any of my friends. [Re]Watched the first season of the West Wing, [re]fell hopelessly in love with it, and now cannot secure season two from my supplier, who guards the jacketless discs with his life. I have been reduced to watching 24-hour news stations, flipping back and forth between CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, as a symbolic thumbing of the nose at politicized media outlets. Of course, I'd like a subscription to the New York Times for Christmas, so perhaps I should refrain from commenting on media bias...

Is there any punctuation mark better than the ellipsis...?

I like having a full refrigerator. In the day or two after I've gone grocery shopping, I probably open the refrigerator door two or three times as often as I normally do, a frequency already bordering on obsessive-compulsive. I also take too many showers, which, combined with my refrigerator habit, makes for an unignorable strain on my eco-conscience. At any rate, my favorite items currently include the two tubs of hummus I purchased, the excessively pulpy, not-from-concentrate orange juice, and the 12-pack of Coke Zero. I am especially in love with beverages and do my best to keep stocked with multiple choices, in part for variety's sake and also for the nice color they add to the fridge's color scheme. Go ahead, mock me. I'll be busy staring at my impressive condiment selection.

7 comments:

  1. interesting ... at ASU, I have not yet had one graduate class w/ a midterm (or final) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. word to that. it's a little peculiar, at least for those of us from west of the mississippi. silly easterners...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an Art major, we just tell the class (or just the teacher) what we have done so far for our final project-that's essentially our midterm.

    Aaron, I too share your joy of having a colorful refrigerator. Shouldn't everything in life be Aesthetically pleasing? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the midterms... I have spent the last two weeks grading students finals... but that is nowhere near the same. I watched X-men 3 tonight (its out for sale now) and I thought of you and your man crush on Hugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron you Irish Jewish bastard you! How da heck are you? Not much to say on your post, actually I didnt read it just wanted to say hi.
    Love ya man - JT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm anxiously waiting an updated blog post from your parents' visit! I heard that your mom witnessed a football phenomenon - High Heels at a Football Game! I must see a photo of this. Don't girls slip on the plethora of bleachers?
    - amber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you have a great story about a goal-post, an alarm, and a football stadium... i think it needs to be blogged about

    ReplyDelete