what you doin' now girl?
Please, please tell me,
'Cause I need to know, I need to know now.
When I was down, You came to me,
And promised you'd always be
By my side, now you're gone
And I'm waiting patiently
Jamie, I want you to know
Jamie, Jamie, I'm so glad you're mine
We'll be together a long time"
Rivers Cuomo (Weezer's neurotic crooner extraordinaire) wrote those lyrics. About his lawyer.
The electric version is vintage Blue Album-era, but the acoustic version has some barbershop-esque harmonies that just kill. Track it down on the extended Blue Album re-release, along with some rad live cuts ("My Name is Jonas" in particular, though we all know how great a song that was originally).
I went to the airport today for a work meeting. Why is the airport so cool? Seriously, what is it about airports that captures the imagination (though apparently not enough imagination to avoid cliché phrases like "capture the imagination")? I'm rather fond of Sky Harbor. Always have been. Might be a nice place to work in the future. Hmmm...
Everyone, if you haven't been sitting out on your back porches or pool decks these past evenings, what is your excuse? We all know that this is the greatest time of the year, particularly those hours between the sun's descent and evening's arrival. Oh, were but summer flesh and blood, someone to wrap my arms around.
By the way, do you know how difficult it is to [re]learn how to write a memo? My verbose soul wasn't made for this. I'll be submitting my resignation to the City shortly.
"Jamie, Jamie, I'm so glad you're mine. We'll be.together.a~long time."
My excuse is... black widows. They're hiding in the cracks and crevaces of the porch, and they scare me. But I always admire the sunset from my driver's seat.
ReplyDeleteIts still too hot, even at night. Are you really resigning or is it just the memo thing?
ReplyDeleteI have a lovely porch that faces east and therefore is wonderful to frequent in the evening... alas, I have no porch furniture... hoping my roommate would get some (seeming as I have no desire to store it during my spring time absence), but I doubt she is a porch sitter like myself... I'll have to figure out something.
ReplyDeleteI also would like a good cigar or clove to go along with the porch furniture.