Actually, it's known more simply as Walker's Coffee & Pub...and the "Coffee" portion of the name is optional, though that is what I'm currently partaking in. What, it's 2:00 in the afternoon -- no whiskey for me. I mention Walker's because the walls, in addition to being that perfectly worn red color that brick ought to be, are graced by a few choice pieces of art. That in turn reminded me that at one of the local art museums sketches by, among others, Picasso and DalĂ are on display. Remembering that, and reading Miranda's delightful description of the virtues of the stage, have me longing to be somewhere bubbling with cultural opportunities.

Where is NYC? Where is Paris? They are not here, that much is to be sure, no matter how diligently Walker's attempts to change the tenor around these parts. Perhaps instead of an internship this summer, I should wander the globe, taking in as much culture as my body will allow. If I abandon my recent emphasis on fruits and vegetables in favor of that stalwart of the college experience, ramen noodles, (a stalwart, by the way, that I've thus far avoided in my five years of post-secondary education) maybe I can save up enough money to live out the dream.
I say do it!!! You will have to understand that I will be insanely jealous, but that is something you and I will have to live with... Ireland is calling, and in the immortal words of Billy Joel - "When will you realize Vienna waits for you".
ReplyDelete