Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Party Song

My iBook has only 14% of its available battery reserve left, and you don't even get to tap into the final 5%, because at that point it'll turn off on its own. Stupid intuitive machine.

It has been warm enough these days to wear shorts and play frisbee, two activities that bring me much satisfaction. I even got someone to pull out their baseball glove and play catch with me. It's not Arizona -- it's not warm enough, it doesn't smell the same, I can't stop at Filiberto's with Andy on the way home, but it's a start...

I need to start reading in a few moments about recruitment and selection in the federal workforce, though clearly I'm looking for ways to prolong the delay. Spring break is getting too near now, so that my will to work diligently wanes with each climb of the thermometer. Pensacola, by the way, shall be the destination, and I have few things to be more excited about than the beach. The beach in the early morning, when the fog has no rival, and the late afternoon/early evening, when the sand is still warm but no so much that you can't justify putting on a hooded sweatshirt. And the smell of a grill, too. Yes, that is what I am looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, fantasy baseball? Give me a shout out if you want in; we're holding a spot for you.

    ReplyDelete