Friday, March 2, 2007

The Food Pyramid

I am a bit ill. I'm reluctant to admit it, as it goes against the silly pride I keep over my general state of health. But if I don't admit it, I won't anything to tell you in this note.

The analogy I've been using to describe it is that of the morning after a prizefight. My body aches. And I don't even have the satisfaction of being able to remember what the prizefight was like. I can't remember what shots I got in on my opponent, whether he was bloodied and bruised, or if I got to stand on the turnbuckle with my arms in the air celebrating victory.

On the upside, this is only the second day I've really felt off, and already it feels far less severe than the normal cold/flu. Here I must defer to the powers of a pair of remedies.

Exhibits A & B:


The former is a lovely invention called Cold-Eeze, and in my few experiences with it, it has proven a more than formidable adversary for the common cold. In combination with the gifts of Mother Earth, such as apples and oranges, I am feeling rather confident that whatever malady now befalls me can be dealt with in short order.

No comments:

Post a Comment