I am ashamed to say that, contrary to my intuitions (or perhaps they were boastings), I have not quickly overcome the cold last mentioned. My chest feels heavy -- it hasn't felt like this in some time, and I am reminded why I haven't missed the feeling.
I re-armed myself with a battery of fruits and vegetables, as well as soy milk and cereal. If the malady wants to play siege, so be it. I like me and Patience's chances.
Went to church today for the first time in ages. It's this place called Athens Church, and it meets in a high school auditorium (thus bringing 'round a fond nostalgia for another instance in which I attended a church in an auditorium...) Normally, the message is broadcast on a large video screen, as it's fed in from some mega-church in Atlanta. All that techy stuff isn't me in the slightest, and though I love arena rock as a genre, I'm not sure of my stance on it taking over more traditional forms of worship. Anyway, today involved an actual, live sermon, and it was very good. That is all I have to say on the matter for now.
I hope you feel better friend
ReplyDelete