Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Break, Pt. I

A few pics to whet your appetites. That statement assumes there's a demand out there for pictures and updates and what not, and even if that's the case, it seems like an awfully self-indulgent statement to make.

Anyway, Pensacola Beach was...[insert superlative here]. Amazing. Beautiful. Relaxing. Fun. Perfect. Me and 15 other college-folk invaded a beach house for five days and four nights. From the porch, I gazed out into the Gulf of Mexico. I read Austen, staring out into the Gulf of Mexico. I chased down frisbees next to the Gulf of Mexico. I dipped my toes into the Gulf of Mexico. I love the Gulf of Mexico.

Much good food was had, much fine drink was had, and much, much play was had. I was telling a friend last night that I never really had the typical spring break experience. In fact, I'm not sure that I've ever gone on a spring break trip. (much to the astonishment of my friend) So this past week with porches that gaze into Paradise, water that longs after you with clear, green eyes...I am too lucky.

I am also now distracted by my iPod and its malfunctioning. Blasted machine.

Anyway, here are some pictures. More to come. Love.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my... simply blissful...
    I mean, a porch... porches are the best... sooo peaceful...
    I'm not a beachy person, but this looks real nice.
    Good for you Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely looks like paradise! I have a friend in Mobile, Alabama that says Gulf Shrimp is the absolute best. Did you get to have any? Did you get to swim or was it too cold? Terry went to the Gulf once and got stung by a jellyfish and bit by a horsefly. Not a fun memory for him.

    Thanks for keeping us updated on your adventures...Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete