Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Young Man and the Sea

As of Tuesday, I will be spending my days here. I tried to figure out a way to get the actual picture onto this post, but my technological incompetencies proved too great. Regardless, it looks as though the Gulf of Mexico and I will be making friends, and that thought brings me much satisfaction.

On the docket for beach activity includes the following:
  • Begin reading Kouzes and Posner's The Leadership Challenge. 10 - 12 page book summary due at end of April, though if I have my way, I'll have it finished long before then. Ah, youthful optimism...

  • Finish reading Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

  • Inform the natural delight of reading Austen with the delightful memeory of the cinematic interpretation of said story --

  • Play catch. And lots of it.
  • Grill meat. And lots of it.

I love spring break.

5 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is one of my very favorite books... Austen has such a sense of humor to her writing... it was a wonderful story... my favorite love story of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading is fundamental.

    Books, check em out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawnie T, your missing your true calling.
    Aside from that, spring break sounds like a splendid idea to this working person. Trouble is, I'm sure I would spend lots of it working.
    That's it! A spring break spent AWAY from home!
    Hope you enjoy the heck out of your break Aaron. Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on a self-imposed Austen fast for 2007. Have loads of fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Have FUN!!
    Yes, I want pics... lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete