Tentatively shooting for the 12th of May. It's a Saturday. It's after finals will have come rolling to a close. It just feels like a good day for returns. I try to keep my expectations tempered when it comes to things like this -- things that, without restraint, could torment me. That's how deep a love I hold. Yes, it really is like being in love. That deep desire coursing through your body, searching in vain for some way out. But there's no way out, of course, or else it wouldn't be love at all. It's so strong, though, that on certain days and nights you're quite sure that you won't survive it, if it goes on remaining unrequited for any longer. Lucky for me, it seems that the wait will soon be over, at least regarding Phoenix. Wait, what are we talking about again?
Anyway, in honor of this impending return, I'm offering up to you a set of lyrics that serve as prelude to reunion. And they tell this story...
"Coming Home"
I've been stuck in this whirlwind
My life's been spinning round my head
Long distance conversations
Make up for me not being there
And now I'm coming home
I'm coming home to you again
I hope you feel the same
Now I'm coming home
I'm coming home to you again
I hope things haven't changed
Singin'
I've been locked inside this freight train
Unaware of the normal life I had
Frustration building a foundation
I wrote this song to let you know that I'll be back
Screamin'
I hope you feel the same
My life's been spinning round my head
Long distance conversations
Make up for me not being there
And now I'm coming home
I'm coming home to you again
I hope you feel the same
Now I'm coming home
I'm coming home to you again
I hope things haven't changed
Singin'
I've been locked inside this freight train
Unaware of the normal life I had
Frustration building a foundation
I wrote this song to let you know that I'll be back
Screamin'
I hope you feel the same
I am so glad you are coming! Shawns commencement is on the friday before you return but his grad party is the 26th, I hope you will still be here!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited!!!!! There has been a huge void here with your absence!! We'll get together some type of party or get-together while your here!!
ReplyDeleteyour literary prowess is astounding. i love you.
ReplyDelete