Far less altruistically, I am very pleased to say that I was offered a wonderful int
ernship opportunity of my own up in Portland, Oregon a few weeks back. For those with a taste for jargon, the internship focuses on performance measurement -- a topic quite popular in recent years. That is, how do we define and then measure individual and organizational performance? Fascinating, if you enjoy organizational theory and program analysis. Mind-numbing, if you haven't an interest, I'm sure. And thus, with most of the readerships' minds sufficiently numbed, I'll move on. Still waiting word on a few other internship opportunities, but I have a sense that it is the aforementioned Northwestern town where I will spend my summer months. And at least from a climate perspective, this is nothing to complain about. Most certainly better than the heavy heat that will blanket my current region of residence, and I say that as someone who loves summer weather more than anyone. Of course, I'll return in early August, just in time to feel the peak of a Georgia summer's sweaty wrath.
No comments:
Post a Comment