I then came home and logged onto Facebook. I realized I'd chosen not to share my birth date with anyone -- must have been in a fit of anti-Facebook, anti-easy-personal-information rage -- which meant I'd receive no obligatory happy birthday wishes from friends I haven't talked to in years. Between you and me, I kind of wanted those wishes. Hypocrisy of hypocrisies, I know, but I'm just being honest. I then thought of changing my information so my birthday would show, but this would be terribly obvious, what with it being the actual day. And while I may be desperate, I don't want to show I'm desperate. So, I've resorted to the blog, where I can cloak my desperation in a sort of pseudo-honesty by sharing about it. And you think you're an over-analyzer...
Anyway, tonight there'll be a little shindig with a bunch of guys (and Emolyn -- just can't say no to that cute little face) watching a UFC fight (another post on my UFC -conversion later), drinking beer (or scotch, if we should so choose. And I very well may.), and making cynical remarks about pop culture. Should be a hoot.
If you feel compelled to get me a birtday present, you could start by getting me here: (Note: I initially set out to find a picture of Keira Knightley, but when that started to feel too tasteless, I decided on something a little more...palatable:)
Lavendar farm, Hood River, Oregon
Happy birthday on the blog too!!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON!!! I can't get you to that lavender field, but I have a couple of sprigs of lavender and a little tin full of lavender seeds from up near Seattle if you want to try to grow a field yourself.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a safe and fun birthday with the guys (and Em).
Sorry I was out of town and missed wishing you a non-obligatory Facebook message. I enjoy sharing a birthday week with you! :-)
ReplyDelete