Thursday, June 4, 2009

[Q] and [A]

Do you know what pitch correction is? It's where you change the angle of your arm when you throw, improving the velocity and movement of your pitch. Just kidding. It's basically where they're able to improve/correct the tone of your recorded voice without changing anything else (i.e., dynamics, clarity, etc.) Think boy band. Accordingly, pitch correction is frowned upon by "serious" artists. I don't think there's a real case for it either, except for that this song I keep listening to has a part that is so clearly pitch corrected -- and it might be my favorite part of the song. I'm unapologetic.

There are small orange tomatoes growing outside our family room window. This isn't mysterious; we planted them. But while the dogs were ultimately able to break through (or over, as it were) the chicken wire fence we built and successfully consume/mutilate/murder the zucchini, cantaloupe, squash, radishes, onions, and carrots, they mysteriously spared the tomato plants. So, we are beginning to have summer tomatoes. They are of the pint-size variety, which I somewhat regret, as nothing sounds better than coming home to wash off a goodly-sized tomato and biting straight into it. But the little ones are tasty too, and the majority are still waiting to ripen, so their bounty should continue on for weeks. At this point I should include a picture, but my absence from blogging has left me a bit numb to blogging etiquette. I'll see if I can snap a few pics in coming days.

They look a bit like this...

1 comment:

  1. These little "pear" tomatoes are some of my favorites. I can eat them like candy so they wouldn't last too long on our vines. Unfortunately, we haven't ventured into the farming world since moving back to AZ...hopefully soon...

    Thanks for sharing the pic, now ask Laurie to bring some in to work and share the real thing.

    ReplyDelete