I was after a specific perspective, a certain line of sight, of this sign. It is the one I walked past nearly every day during my 10 weeks in Portland. There is a memory I have, grey sky and green-paneled building, an unusually warm early morning, blue neon coursing through bending tubes. It is one of my favorite memories of that place. I wish I could find a picture, but I think the scene was too perfect to have happened more than once, and I might've been the only one to see it. So, it will live only in memory, which I'll do my best to strengthen by falling asleep to it tonight.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Something You Just Can't Shake
I was after a specific perspective, a certain line of sight, of this sign. It is the one I walked past nearly every day during my 10 weeks in Portland. There is a memory I have, grey sky and green-paneled building, an unusually warm early morning, blue neon coursing through bending tubes. It is one of my favorite memories of that place. I wish I could find a picture, but I think the scene was too perfect to have happened more than once, and I might've been the only one to see it. So, it will live only in memory, which I'll do my best to strengthen by falling asleep to it tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment