I've mentioned Walker's Coffee and Pub before; perhaps they should then be paying me for these little bits of advertisement. I'll continue them duty-free, however, because it's just such a lovely place. Many choices for coffee, cheap refills (if necessary), good variety of types of seating, most of which are properly lit (properly meaning here that there is neither too much light, nor too little, neither too bright, nor too dim.) Hopefully, it will set me in the proper state of mind for a little writing; I have now only one paper remaining -- an exploration of training and development in the public sector -- and, as sure as the sun rose this morning, so I am ready to be done with classes. I love school, I really do. But at this point in the semester, whatever creativity and innovative ideas I might have had are now only foggy memories. That's the great irony, you know, about our education system; we work and work, finally attempting to display our learning through end-of-semester projects and papers, only to find that our energies are usually too drained to give an accurate representation of whatever it is we had gained. Anyway, I think that enough justifies whatever mediocre work I come up with this morning...
More to come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment