- Jane Austen, Emma - Surprised?
- Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart - A book I was required to have read in high school. So, I'm finally reading it. Great title, by the way.
- Henry James, Portrait of a Lady - Apparently quite the master novelist, and so long as someone can weave a good story, I'm willing to check them out.
- E.M. Forster, Howard's End - Quite recommended by a few friends; eager to see why.
- Edith Wharton, House of Mirth - See above.
- Alan Paton, Cry, the Beloved Country - more African literature -- a topic of which I have been quite fond, in my brief exposure to it (see Olaudah Equiano, Equiano's Travels; Patrice Malidoma Some's Of Water and the Spirit)
In unrelated news, I'll be home soon.
3 cheers for Howard's End!
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm hoping we get to see you while you're in Phx. You'll have to keep the blog going in Portland too so we can see how that's going.
ReplyDeleteoh I can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing list! I had the urge to read The Great Gatsby earlier this week. Now I want to devour the rest of Fitzgerald's material, but in the meantime I am reading Willa Cather's last novel.
ReplyDelete