
For now, "Understanding & Managing Public Organizations" will have to wait. I'll note, however, (per my need to namedrop) that the text is one of the most widely used books on the subject in the country. And it was written by my professor. How desperate am I, to buoy myself on the accomplishments of others? Apparently quite.
I saw Carlos Mencia perform last night at Legion Field. Carlos is a comedian who takes great pride in his racial/ethnic/gender-disregarding comedy. Offensive? Highly. Entertaining? Yes. You can see him on Comedy Central's "Mind of Mencia", though I'll venture to assume (having never seen the show) that it's significantly less offensive than what I witnessed last night.


Went out with a few fine folks (what horrific alliteration) last night but didn't take any pictures. Can we all not agree that random photo snapping is just a little awkward? On the other hand, I know I'll be glad in the future to have swallowed my pride and captured these moments. But it's just so un-natural. Taking pictures of inanimate objects - much less sketchy on an interpersonal level. Or perhaps there needs to be a proper level of friendship before candid photos can be allowed. In support of those two thoughts, I submit the following evidence. Enjoy.
okay so I am looking at your trip photos... and what a wonderful scrapbook they would make... full of the stories of your journey to Georgia... I think you should "Scrap It!"
ReplyDeleteO.k. Aaron, this is REALLY weird. I think my brother-in-law does casting for Mind of Mencia! He changes shows quite a bit and we have a hard time keeping up with his latest project, so I'll have to check my last email from him at home, but I'll let you know. If it's true, then he could probably get you in to see the show if you're ever in L.A. Just a bit more name dropping...:-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Hey blog-boy... I am waiting with bated breath for more news from the deep south! Have you met a nice Georgia peach yet? =)
ReplyDelete