




Wireless Internet, what a blessed gift you are. Gleaming white iBook, what a blessed gift you are. Five hundred dollars worth of textbooks for a mere three classes, what a...(excuse me for trailing off. After a convulsing, obscenitiy-laden fit, the security guards had to hose me down.)
So, Athens is pretty much beautiful. I think I've well enough established my dear love for Phoenix and Arizona. Sometimes I think that others just can't understand the kind of connection I share to my home. All of that sentiment ought to underscore then just how amazing Athens must be for me to be willing to sing its praises. But, consider: moms-and-pops restaurants as far as the eye can see, a whole community converging onto the downtown scene, a campus adorned with towering oaks and winding pathways. There's awfully little to quibble with.
I have three classes this semester: Research Methods, Public Administration & Democracy, and Organizational Theory. I'm quite excited, excluding the frustratingly high textbook tab. I start class no earlier than 3:30 on two of the days and not until 7:00 on the other. This is definitely going to be different than undergrad. And by different, I mean to say "freaking awesome".
Oh, random note - for those of you who might be interested, a friend of mine from class is sharing a house with the girl half of Iron & Wine. Name-dropping? Absolutely. But, c'mon, that's pretty sweet. So, in a few weeks when Tucson's very own Calexico rolls into town, they'll be sleeping on my friend's couches and floors. Already, Athens lives up to it's musical-Mecca reputation.
A few more travel pics...
Looking forward to seeing more pics of Athens, especially in the fall. It's good to hear that you're settling in. That's a pretty cake schedule that you have. Wow!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your adventures, but be careful out there. :-)
research methods can either bite or really be very cool ... when I took it I wanted to rip out my own hair ...
ReplyDelete-A
i don't know amy schubert, but i have the same sentiments about "research methods" classes - i hope none of your books are by a J. Rabow. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad I won't have to face research methods until Monday:)
ReplyDelete