Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A tendency to start fires

I walked to the Student Learning Center this morning, hoping to commandeer a nice, leather chair (preferably near a wall outlet for my trusty iBook). Instead, I was greeted by chaos. Naive to think I'd find a space (and a little peace)? Yes, entirely. But, I did have enough sense to decide against driving through campus. It's a start.

(the SLC in it's better, more carefree moments)

The most unfortunate side effect of a campus full of coeds is that in rouses in me a deep desire to...fight. Yes, I know what I just said. Listen, I'm a fighter, plain and simple. Andy, Shawn, and Jeremy can attest to this - either because they've seen me want to fight someone(s), or (and embarrassingly) I've attempted to fight them. What can I say? The point is that with a gaggle of slack-jawed, bushy haired Southern (ahem) gentleman cavorting around campus, I find myself battling a simmering rage. Except replace the word "battling" with "embracing".

Then, to compound my problems, it takes a good twenty minutes for the UGA football tickets website to allow me to register. I'm quite certain that we'll all find there weren't enough season tickets for all of us, meaning we'll all get two or three game packages. Meaning I'll likely end up seeing Western Kentucky, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and Vanderbilt. Conveniently, however, I can transfer my frustration over all this onto the aforementioned coeds, as the upperclassmen had first dibs on tickets.

At this point, I ought to excuse myself. It's 10:47 a.m. already, and I've got too many fights left to pick. Top o' the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Fighting...yes, yes and oh yeah.

    Beat them at their own game...shove a deck shoe right up their...crap, my phone is ringing. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete