Today, school begins. Hooray. No, really, do hear the excitement in my voice? I actually can't be too sarcastic about it, since, secretly, I quite love school. But still, the nightmares (hyperbole - really wasn't the bad) of the previous semester's final two weeks haven't yet subsided. I didn't sleep well last night -- always a telltale sign of the first day of classes. But, I dropped down already from four to three classes, preferring the ability to enjoy my stay in Athens over the opportunity to read a lot of books and make my head hurt (again, hyperbole).
My dishwasher is broken. Alas. And my refrigerator and "pantry" (read: shallow shelves which currently hold food items) are awfully bare. But on the upside, my apartment now contains a sweet iPod stero (thank you mom and dad), so that's been a welcome addition. To be honest, I'm quite proud of my little abode here in Athens, and should any of you make it near these parts, I think you'd be impressed with what you find. At the very least, we could eat at The Grit, which is one of my all-time favorite restaurants -- not love at first sight, but darn well close.
Also, the new version of Blogger, with it's style shortcuts and other new features, really rocks my socks off.
That is all.
Aaron, here it is a week after your harrowing flight experience. Glad that some routine is being reestablished. I can tell that you're a seasoned grad student, dropping a class to help make sure you get to enjoy your stay in Athens. Good choice!!
ReplyDelete