Monday, January 15, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

That would've been a good title for a post about a haircut, huh? Unfortunately, for now it has to do with nothing of the sort; I just wanted something half-clever to put up there. (as you think to yourself, "Half was being a bit generous, wasn't it, Aaron?") Anyway, this makes two posts in two days, and I think that marks some sort of blogging milestone for me. Do I get a keychain now or something? A coupon for half off the next Harry Potter book? Does there even exist a genre of blogger humor? Some of life's most pressing questions...

I am sitting in a coffee shop called Espresso Royale. And by the way, can we once and for all get it straight that the word "espresso" has no "x" in it? Oh, and this one is even more important -- the accent in the word "cliché" is placed over the "e" (amazingly, where the visible accent mark has been placed) and not over the "i". That would be "klee-SHEY" (or perhaps even "kli-SHEY"), not "KLEE-shey". Cripes, people, is it that hard? There's a freaking accent placed over the correct letter for you!

Anyway, Espresso Royale is a lovely place, as it offers many a fine pastry, often organic or vegan, as well as a fantastic iced mint green tea, of which I am currently partaking. It is cloudy out this morning, but not in a wintry way. No, it's more of a San Diego morning, which I am quite happy about. It was 71 degree yesterday -- 71! It'll promptly fall back to normal tomorrow, but for now, I am delighting in the unexpected opportunity to wear shorts in January. "Shorts in January"...maybe that should've been the title of this post.

2 comments:

  1. I completely support your tirade about proper grammar. Two of my biggest pet-peeves is people thinking "Irregardless" is a word - which then would mean "with regard". The other one is adding a "t" or "ed" (I don't know which) to "across" therefore making it "acrossed"... It makes me cringe.

    So is your hair really short? Tyler is going to cut his hair soon... like short hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espresso Royale... with cheese. And all I'm thinking about is how to use "Espresso Quarter Pounder" and have someone actually get it without having to explain it. I think it's dead; it can't be done, impossible.

    Arenas says he can score 80 points against Duke. Too bad he couldn't do that in the National Championship six or seven years ago, when it would have mattered.

    ReplyDelete