Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The sun has gone away.

The sun has gone away, and I miss her terribly. I am from Phoenix, remember -- land of eternal sunshine. I was weened on temperate winters and blistering summers. Yet in Georgia, the sun goes into hiding for days, refusing to respond to my ceaseless calling. I'm not hurt; I know she can't help it. And I know that she'll come back again sometime. But for now, in the wait, I mope around like a lover rebuffed.

Ha, that was a dramatic sentence, no? I make no apologies.

I have out now 10 internship possibilities, and my search for more continues. Statistically, I assume that the more I apply, the less chance I have of being rebuffed (quite the theme in my life right now, eh?) entirely. As I mentioned some time ago, I sent my heart to San Francisco along with one of the applications and hope that they respond in kind. If not, there are a few other appealing options, including but not limited to a stay in our fair nation's capital or a summer roughly 2.8 miles from Fenway Park. This I could live with.

1 comment:

  1. always thought the sun was male. Good luck with all the applying.

    ReplyDelete