Sunday, January 14, 2007

Like taking wireless Internet from a baby

I'm attempting to me more diligent with this blogging thing. At the start of the semester, the task is quite a bit easier. (though I have 100 pages of reading from "Concise Managerial Statistics" due on Tuesday...ought to be a real hoot...) Three day weekend approaching, and though it's scheduled to be cloudy, it's also supposed to be warm and thus ripe for a hike or ultimate frisbee game. I'm leaning toward hike, and there stands a very good chance that instead of starting on my reading after this, I'll spend far too long combing the Internet for good hiking ideas near Athens.

Speaking of mountains and hiking and unnecessary segues, I'll share the following picture, because it is one of my favorites. You can thank Shawn Thompson for it. Sweet Arizona, sweet drives up the 17. I most definitely miss it.



I sent out three internship applications this week. Three! (awaiting your applause.) Thank you, thank you. No, really, you're too much. If I am lucky, one of them may land me a summer in San Francisco. Fingers crossed. A few other possibilities, too, each of which could be fun and exciting. But now, we're in the wait, and though it's not a spot that I'm particularly fond of, there's something strangely comforting about having no other recourse but to let go and see which door He opens. Or shuts (sorry, but the cynic in me was getting uncomfortable with all the optimism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment